CrossFit Workout of the Days and exercises are very popular among gym members. CrossFit provides you many benefits such as it help you to lose weight, build muscles and enhance your stamina. CrossFit workouts are very intense and time efficient. You can click for more information about CrossFit exercises.
For several benefits of this program, you may want to take on this. And the first step of all is
purchasing all the equipment you need for Crossfit. You may want to buy high-quality products like best knee sleeves to enhance your experience in the gym. However, for some reasons, like time or budget, you may want to practice Crossfit at home. There are several items that you should buy to fully experience Crossfit exercises at home. Luckily, the list of necessary equipment is neither long nor expensive.
Here is a list of what you should buy for doing CrossFit at home:
- Weightlifting Barbells
- It is important to purchase barbells which are durable and will not bend under any circumstances. The sleeve should not be a rattle or rusty. Also, it is recommended to look for bar with a tensile strength of 150,000 PSI
- There is a wide range in price of barbells. Remember that barbells will be used often so opt for high-quality ones. You‘d better purchase a pair of good second-hand barbells than buying low cost one.
- Men’s barbells are usually 20 kg and women’s barbells are 15 kg. Women’s bars are slightly thinner too. Before purchasing, try grasping the bars with your hands to see if they fit. Also, ask for your personal trainer’s advice before you choose weight.
- Bumper Plates
- An ideal pair of bumper plates is sturdy and has hand grips on top for you to take on and off more easily.
- There are various types of plates such as iron plates and modern rubber plates. Do not mix them together; just simply buy a plate set. The material and sizes of bumper plates on the bar should be consistent with each other in order for you to perform Crossfit Workouts effectively.
- Pull-Up Bar
- There are various types of the pull-up bar. As you will exercise on this equipment frequently, opt for one that offers space and stability.
- Power racks is obviously a smart investment as you can do many workouts on it.
- You can also create a Do-it-Yourself pull-up bar which is tailored for your needs. However, you need to ensure it provides enough safety with your hard-core routines.
- Other Equipment
- Another item on the list is Crossfit rings. Crossfit rings may come in 2 types of material: wooden and plastics. If you look for durability, you should invest in wooden rings instead.
- You can also purchase rope which is easy since almost any type could do. Buy the one which feels comfortable in your hands.
- You could consider other equipment such as Crossfit shoes, SquatBox or Kettle Bells.
Here are the basic list and general advice on what you should purchase when creating a home gym. The list could be infinite; you need to depend on your budget and needs to choose the only necessary items. When comparing and choosing among different items, you should choose high-quality items if you want a longtime investment and ask for advice from your personal trainer about weights and types which are best for your workouts. Doing Crossfit workouts at home can be as effective as going to the gym as long as you pay attention to the routines and have all equipment ready.
If you love CrossFit, CrossFit Genie is a great source worth a look at. Via this article, I hope you can get more helpful information which will strengthen your CrossFit passion.